Before we move to list of the Most Memorable Props, let me once again clarify the definition of the props.
The Prop – a property (shortened to prop) is an item used on screen to help enhance a performance and give emotion to visual aspects of the films. As a result, it can make a scene feel more authentic or help actors play their part more satisfactorily.
So, what are the most memorable props of all time?
My Top 10 list is a bit of personal choice. But at the same time, my choices were based on few key factors. Such as impact of the props to the Story, Character, the greatness of the Film where the props were used, and the popularity of the props in the history of Films.
1. Superman’s Specs – Superman (1978)
2. Crocodile Dundee’s Knife – Crocodile Dundee (1986)
3. Wilson – Cast Away (2000)
4. Robbie the Robot – Forbidden Planet (1956)
5. Holy Grail Diary – Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
6. Ring – Lord of the Rings (2001)
7. Bullwhip – Indiana Jones (1981)
8. Delorean Car – Back to the Future (1985)
9. The iconic Willy Wonka outfit and the Golden Ticket – Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971)
10. Michael Keaton’s Batman suit – Batman Returns (1992)
Did I miss out any props in my list? Do you have your own lsit of The Most Memoriable Props? Do share with us.
Get Weekly Tips, Articles, News straight to your Inbox and become a better filmmaker: